Banana Bread Vegan
So it was a bank holiday here in the UK and as per usual a couple of bananas had been hanging from the fruit bowl for a little too long. “Waste not, want not” is what my mother always taught me, so it was time to dust off our banana bread recipe easy!
Let’s get baking, prep time is 10 minutes, so no excuses that you can’t find the time even with 3 children always makes the task that much easier.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 large black bananas
- 75ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil, plus a little extra to rub on the tin
- 100g brown or demerara sugar
- 225g plain flour (if using self-raising flour then reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)
- 3 heaped tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
Banana Bread Recipe UK
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Mash 3 large black peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with 75g vegetable or sunflower oil and 100g brown sugar.
- Add 225g plain flour, 3 heaped tsp baking powder and 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice, and combine well.
- NB. Now is the time to add dried fruit or nuts if you so choose - (50g dried fruit or nuts)
- Bake in an oiled, lined small loaf tin for 20 minutes. Check at this point to ensure it is cooking well. If it is browning then cover with aluminium foil.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool a little before slicing.
One of the reasons we love this recipe is because it is so tweakable, chocolate chips, raisins, sultanas, the list goes on. It is also a really good alternative when you are trying to limit your sugar intake, but for extra indulgence, just add ice-cream.
Wave Sport and Fitness kindly ask you to please like, share and subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on social if you enjoyed this article.